Many people think that a website is just a template. But the reality is that it is the medium through which
businesses interact with their customers. A website develops the first impression of the product and company and leaves an everlasting impact on the customer’s mind. This is exactly why businesses must design an
efficient website that satisfies all the needs of their target audience. Now, how can that be done? You can do it with the help of a professional web design company!
User interface plays a significant role in making the users’ interaction understandable, useful, and easy. In simple terms, a user interface is how a computer system and a human interact with each other. It includes almost
everything from the desktop’s appearance to the mouse display.
Importance of User Interface
The user interface reaches out to audiences efficiently by engaging in effective visual content. A well-designed user interface can raise the conversion rate by 200%, and an improvised user experience design will boost the conversion rate to 400%. This clearly proves why you should concentrate on making your app or website user-friendly and convenient and not just attractive. You should understand that no one will be interested in
interacting with a website that looks bland or download a complicated application.
Thus, a user interface has to draw potential buyers’ attention and have them always engaged. In order to design an effective user interface design, the person must have knowledge and expertise in:
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design principles
How to Design an Effective User Interface Design?
Knowing Target Audience
Conducting user research is the first step in knowing the audience. You must know what your customers want from your website. You will be able to identify your target audience by analyzing the demographic data and all information regarding the user’s age, gender, profession, lifestyle, and family status. Once you gain a clear
picture of your audience, get insights into how they use your interface. By doing so, you will know what content to highlight and how to develop your interface.
If your users understand the elements of your website without confusion, you can be very sure that it is going to be the best user interface design. Make this possible by letting your user know what to expect when clicking on a button. Users find it simple and easy to operate when elements correspond to its action or purpose. A few of the most successful designing ideas are:
- Picking the colour that corresponds to the meaning. For example, you can use green for a go button and red for a stop button.
- Highlighting the button with great usage in the website uniquely.
- Using understandable symbols like a trash can image for the delete button, magnifying glass image for the search button, and a plus symbol for adding products to the cart.
- Delivering warnings or asking for confirmations whenever needed.
Improving Element Placement & Size
The distance and size of design elements play a major role in creating a user-friendly user interface. The human brain’s tendency is to put the cursor on something that is either big or in close proximity. Always remember your interaction model and place the design elements accordingly. A few of the best ways to do so are:
- Make the icons and buttons that the user clicks in a bigger size so that they are highly visible.
- Place the interactive and navigation elements on the corners or edges of the screen.
Including More Whitespaces
It is essential to keep the design clean to make the entire website look great and appealing to customers.
A simple and universal hack to improve your user experience design is to add a lot of white space. Some of the ways to add whitespace are:
- Increase the paragraph spacing. Doing so increases the chance for texts to be understood and read easily without going ignored while scrolling.
- Group the related items and increase the line spacing to improve the readability. This works great for
interfaces on mobile phones.
Localizing Design Elements
The website you create or design must contain colours, symbols, and design elements in a manner that doesn’t cause a contradiction with the target audience’s values. Therefore, localization is very important as a website is available worldwide. The user interface for a service or product has to be designed by localizing the website with different versions for various regions.
Revamping or Reinventing
Creative designers have an affinity for reinvention. A revamped version maybe more user-friendly than the old version and become a massive hit among your target audience. But there are also chances of it becoming a cognitive load to the users. Few people miss their familiar interaction with the website. Thus, you should revamp or reinvent only when it is required.
Making the Website Mobile Friendly
Nearly 50% of web traffic comes from mobile devices in today’s scenario. If your business is not on par with the mobile-optimization process, there are chances that a majority of the users may abandon your website. Thus, you must make your website equally responsive to mobile gadgets. By creating a similar and unified design for all digital platforms, your users will gain better trust as they have the same experience regardless of the device.
Analysing With Data & Working With Feedback
User research and testing are incredibly useful steps to design a website. It guides towards fulfilling the website’s goal; however, the data gathered once the website gets launched goes invaluable. Therefore, you must set up the analytics for your website with the right tools and keep analysing it regularly to gain the desired result. Studies state that 70% of businesses deliver the best customer experience through customer feedback.
The results will help in improving the user experience design effectively. A few of the simple ways to obtain user
feedback are by:
- Adding a form on your website that gets delivered directly to your email.
- Placing a separate column on the website asking customers to give suggestions for improvement, features to be added, updates, likes, dislikes, etc.
- Implementing push-up notifications on the website asking users about the chances of recommending your app or website to friends and family.
- Promoting online survey tools to analyse your strengths and weaknesses.
Focusing on Content
The user experience is dependent on the illustrations and texts. Therefore, instead of just following the
generalized rules, it is necessary to analyse the approach of your audience and work on an appropriate
web design. Use your content to help your users understand what they should be doing next. Language
translations are the best strategy to make the website successful under all circumstances.
Keeping the Design Simple
Minimalism is the key to the success of any web design. If you include many user interface options, it will
become hard for the user to operate. A few tips to make website designs simple are:
- Use internal linking to connect all the pages.
- Make the graphic elements clickable.
- Facilitate navigation with headlines and blocks to make it easy for the user to understand the page’s goal easily.
A good user interface design must be beneficial for the business and the user. If customers struggle to find a particular thing on your website, they doubt its existence. Therefore, as a business owner, create the interfaces in a user-friendly and intuitive way. DS Webdesign is a leading web design company in Tirunelveli. We aim to help you create an effective and impressive website for your company at the best price with a team of highly
experienced and qualified technicians. Interested? Talk to us today!
Latest posts by Digitalseo Team (see all)
- Social Media APIs- Everything You Need to Know - June 17, 2022
- Smart Ways to Design an User Interface - April 15, 2022
- The What, Why & How of A/B Testing in the Digital World - March 20, 2022