Infographics are the latest sensation in the world of web designing. But how did they gain popularity despite competing with heavyweights like computer graphics and other advancements? The answer is simple. Infographics are a highly visual medium. They are eye-catching, easy-to-understand, and visually compelling.
There is one more important reason that explains the popularity of infographics- The high recall rate for visual information. Here are some statistics that reiterate the same:
- 65%- People recall visual content compared to written content.
- 45%- Marketers say that infographics work better than stock photos, GIFs and videos.
- 3 times more- People tend to share infographics more than any other visual content.
- 323% – Difference between the preference for visual images versus written instructions.
In a nutshell, infographics are what your website user or visitor wants, and delivering that is all you need to do. In this blog, we take an in-depth look into the world of infographics and why you should integrate them into your website.
As a leading web design company, we at Digital SEO, Chennai, also discuss the strategies to implement infographics and underline your presence in the digital world. But first things first- Let’s understand the term “Infographics”.
What Are Infographics – A Brief Explanation
It doesn’t take rocket science to understand that infographics are a combination of two words- information and graphics. In this digital world where everyone communicates through emojis and acronyms, who has the time to read lengthy texts? And how many people can accurately interpret graphics? The trick is to combine the data, graphics, and minimal text- and Voila! You have a simple but highly effective infographic that anyone can understand. In an infographic, the main features play a crucial role, where:
- Data- Delivers the numbers
- Visuals- Grab’s the audience’s attention
- Text- Communicates the exact message.
The real success lies in the fact that the information does not overwhelm the reader. The intelligent and savvy use of numbers, colours, minimal text, and icons are all you need to create a good infographic.
Infographics: How They Positively Impact Your Web Design
1. Make A Visual Appeal
It is our nature to be attracted to anything that catches our eye. This fact explains why your users are drawn towards infographics on your website. They may not be as intricate and complicated as a digital photograph, but that’s what makes them shine. As simple as they look, infographics are clean, compelling, and easily consumable. These are the prime attributes that drive their popularity.
2. Deliver Effective Communication
What is the point of using visuals that do not convey the message? Such visuals are an absolute waste of effort, time, and money. So is the time spent in creating volumes and volumes of content. If you are an experienced website owner, you ought to know that audiences will never respond to such content. However, you can accurately deliver all the information you need using infographics.
3. Make Numbers Understandable
Millions of users cringe at the very sight of numbers on your page. Couple them with lengthy texts, and poof! Your users will disappear. Financial details and numerical data are better off represented with infographics like:
- Colourful charts
- Pie diagrams
You can also import your spreadsheet data and use your numbers to create an easy-to-understand chart. And don’t forget to add a splash of colour!
4. Influence Conceptual Understanding
The concept ” Show do not tell” works wonderfully with infographics, especially when trying to explain a complicated concept. The trick is to pair bold infographics with bite-sized texts. For example, to convey globally accrued data, you can use infographics to size it down and make it easily understandable.
5. Builds Brand Awareness
Incorporating your brand logo with infographics is the new trend, requiring a lot of creativity and innovative thinking. There are several reasons why this idea works. It:
- Guarantees instant brand recognition and awareness.
- Creates a platform to project your business ideals.
- Portrays your company’s business ethics and policies.
- Helps your target audience identify and understand your message.
6. Channel Your Customers
A single, content-relevant, visually appealing infographic has the power to channel a vast amount of traffic to your website. You gain more potential clients when Internet users click on your website. In addition to ranking highly in Google search results, you will also be able to convert website visitors.
7. Boosts Search Engine Optimisation
SERP rankings and SEO go hand-in-hand. The higher your website ranking, the better your visibility and greater your sales. Landing on the first page is what everyone wants. So, why not capitalise on it with infographics? Here are some clever ideas to optimise SEO with infographics:
- Use long tail and short tail keywords
- Use relevant and accurate information
- Use catchy titles and headers
- Give relevant Meta Descriptions
- Use Image Alt text
- Keep an eye on competitor’s infographics
- Avoid overstuffing with keywords and images
8. Enables Powerful Link Building
Link Building is an SEO technique that links your site with other web pages. The prime objective is to land on high authority sites to increase user engagement and build organic audiences. When using visually appealing infographics with trustworthy information, it instantly becomes shareable. And while you are at it, don’t forget to include an embed code. Your users will find it easy to pick the code and post it on their websites.
Tricks & Tips To Use Infographics In Your Website
The infographic used in your website should deliver all the key facts about your company in a single glance. You might want to include the following information:
- Products and services
- Number of completed projects
- List of clients
- Longevity of client relationships
- Ranks and awards you’ve won
- Number of offices with geographic locations
- Number of employees
- Company’s heritage and history
Once you’ve collected these key facts, devise ways to display your information visually. A good infographic should fulfil three criteria:
- Interesting, unique, and accurate content
- Crisp and impactful delivery
- Clear hierarchy in font size
So, now that your infographic is ready, it’s time to look for the right location on your website. Think about how prominent you want the infographic to be displayed and how it will drive website traffic. Find the answers, implement them in your website design, and make your infographics worth all the time and effort.
Our Final Thoughts
Used intelligently, a single infographic can make your website shine with uniqueness. Don’t forget that the mantra is to simplify complex information and engage your target audience with easily digestible information. Take the time to understand your audience requirements and incorporate them into your infographic.
Or better yet, hand over your requirements to our team at Digital SEO, Chennai. Allow us to create stunning infographics to increase your rankings, build organic audiences, and gain loyal customers. Reach out to us right away!
Latest posts by Digitalseo Team (see all)
- Social Media APIs- Everything You Need to Know - June 17, 2022
- Smart Ways to Design an User Interface - April 15, 2022
- The What, Why & How of A/B Testing in the Digital World - March 20, 2022